Writing has been something I've been doing almost as long I remember. I quite clearly remember hunting and pecking out stories on an ancient typewriter of my dad's not long after I learned how to read and such. I couldn't have been more than five or six. It's something I've always had a talent with and I thought it would be nice to share some of the stuff I've written over the years. Naturally, everything is copyrighted by me and if I ever find you've copied it, I'll hunt you down and beat you with Twinkies, so beware!
- How They Got Together-A book I wrote and illustrated when I was eight. Expect brilliant dialogue, amazing plot, cunning plans, and amazing spelling!
- Hamlet's New Solution-In my opinion, a morbidly funny alternate ending to Shakespeare's "Hamlet." I'm the only one that is actually amused by it, but try to enjoy it anyway. Written sometime in the '97-'98 school year.
- Tommy-This is a short, cliched, macabre piece I wrote on October 18, 2003. Blame MSKing. It's all her fault.
- Insomnia-I rarely write poetry, but in late April I started scribbling this out and finished on April 26, 2003. I'm no Milton, so don't expect much.
- The Ascension-This was one of those poems I was forced to write in school for English, but it turned out okay. The date on the paper says it was done on October 14, 1997.
- The Sane Person I Should Have Been-Another poem I was forced to write, this in a certain format, but it amuses me, if only for the allusion to Isaac Asimov. Written sometime in the '97-'98 school year.
- The Band Geek Satirical Essay-I wrote this my senior year of high school to get extra credit after our unit on satire. Now I'm no longer sure if it would actually qualify as such, but whatever.
In 2002-2007, I participated in NaNoWriMo and completed my goal of 50,000 words in the month of November. I'm hoping to get the manuscript in decent shape for submitting to publishers at some point, so nothing of it is going to be posted here, but I did it! I haven't managed a whole lot towards that yet, but I'm moving on and doing NaNoWriMo again this year. Wish me luck!
The Firebyrd © 2002-2008. All rights reserved.